’If you care about art, code, and the ethics of emerging technology, you’ll love it.’
A Gathering for the Creative Technology Community
The Eyeo Festival brings together a rich intersection of people doing fascinating things with technology. Artists, data designers, creative coders, AI & XR explorers, storytellers, researchers, technology & platform developers all cross paths and share inspiration at Eyeo. Join us for 4 days of enthralling talks, unique workshops, the code+ summit, and thought provoking interactions lead by passionate thinkers and makers. It’ll be better with you there. Converge to Inspire.
Things We Talk About
- Art / Technology
- Creative Coding / Open Source Tools
- Data: Visualization, Design, Art
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality
- Experience Design / Storytelling
- Interactive Art & Architecture
- Physical Computing / Generative Art
- Culture / Privacy / Ethics
What Attendees Say
• ‘I’ve never been to a conference with such emphasis on the community – such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.’
• ‘My first Eyeo and I loved it. It reset my expectations about my field and I’m excited about it in a way I haven’t been before.’
• ‘Always top notch. I’ve stopped looking at the lineup before I buy tickets now, I just know it’s going to be excellent.’
• ‘Very multidisciplinary– it was amazing to let my mind wander into new spaces outside of my immediate discipline.’
• ‘If you’re trying to find your way in a creative practice that is insistently both-and, in-between, a hybrid endeavor: This is
the conference for you. Always inspiring. Highly recommended.’
• ‘The creativity, humanity, wizardry and generosity on display was mind-blowing and heart-filling.’
“Thanks for gathering a community whose perspective on technology is refreshingly critical and deeply human.”
-Jenny Odell, Author of “How to do Nothing” and past Eyeo speaker.
Why Eyeo [festival]?
Festival founder Dave Schroeder wrote up a post on Medium where he shares some thoughts on what Eyeo is all about, why we love it, and what you might expect if you attend. Give it a quick read to learn more about eyeo.
2020 Curatorial Fellows
Once again we’ve enlisted some great people to help us curate festival speakers and content. We’re super excited to be working with Ece Tankal and Carmen Aguilar y Wedge of Hyphen-Labs, and Matt Kenney of Duke University. Things are coming together nicely!
Scholarships and Fellowships
Since 2012 we’ve offered several fellowship tickets (a free ticket) to practicing artists and folks working in the non-profit sector. We proudly continue this tradition. In 2018 and 2019 we were able to grant several ‘full ride’ diversity scholarships which included travel funding and eyeo tickets. Attendee donations combined with organizational sponsors make this possible. If you or your organization would like to support this effort please get in touch. email@example.com
Harassment Free Atmosphere
The Eyeo Festival is dedicated to being an inclusive, diverse and accessible event. We believe that the wider the range of voices and perspectives taking part in the conversation the richer the experience will be for us all. We’re committed to increasing accessibility, diversity and inclusion as we go forward. We want Eyeo to be a harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, accessibility needs, appearance, or religion. We like it that way. We take it seriously. Here’s our anti-harassment policy.
Everyone comes from Everywhere (Attendee Geography)
Every year 600+ people attend eyeo from around North America and the World. They typically represent over 400 different organizations; some large, some small, many that you’ve heard of, and many that you probably haven’t.
“Coming away from #eyeo2019 feeling inspired and impassioned to dig deeper into some new territories, experiment with different approaches to my work, and refine my creative process. Grateful to have met, and had the chance to talk with, so many talented people.” -2019 Attendee.
Students, in exchange for volunteering during eyeo you can attend for free. It’s a great experience. You’ll get to see a lot of the content and make some new pals from other similar programs.
The application period closes at midnight March 8
Scholarships & Fellowships
Each year we supply fellowships and scholarships to eyeo. To stay in the loop for announcements about dates jump on our mailing list and/or follow us on social.
LEARN MORE about these opportunities.