WORKSHOP FEE: $300
MATERIALS FEE: None.
Unity has quickly transformed from an indie gaming platform to a strong contender for creating Virtual and Mixed Reality experiences. Join Microsoft and DepthKit for an in depth workshop that lets you dive deep into volumetric video capture, cross platform creative coding with Unity, and deploying onto these emerging devices.
DepthKit is a software workflow for do-it-yourself volumetric video capture of three-dimensional people for playback in the Unity game engine.
SKILL LEVEL: Intro / Intermediate
Some previous experience with 3D concepts from other Creative Coding languages such as OpenFrameworks, Cinder or Processing would be preferred. Experience with video editing also a plus.
• Setting up Unity for Creative Coders
• Shooting volumetric video with DepthKit
• Importing volumetric video into Unity
• Point cloud and wireframe shader techniques
• Windows 10 and More Personal Computing
• Deploying to Mixed Reality devices
WHAT TO BRING:
• A laptop computer with the latest version of Unity installed.
• Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio 2015 or your preferred code editor.
For Cross Platform or iOS specifically: Visual Studio Code
For Windows specific: Visual Studio 2015